Silence Quotes. In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. Martin Luther King, Jr. The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people.
Quotes About Silence
There is immense power in silence, learn to be silent and not react to the different types of people you will encounter on your journey towards a greater life. Always maintain your class and composure under all circumstances. Ignore the naysayers and those who try to bring you down to their level.
1. Silence isn’t empty, it’s full of answers.
2. Silence is a source of great strength.
3. Sometimes it’s best to stay quiet. The silence can speak volumes without ever saying a word.
4. He who does not understand your silence will probably not understand your words.
5. Open your mouth only if what you are going to say is more beautiful than the silence.
6. Successful people always have two things on their lips. Silence and a smile.
7. Don’t waste words on people deserve your silence. Sometimes the most powerful thing you can say is nothing at all.
8. Silence calms my soul.
9. When you build in silence, they don’t know what to attack.
10. Silence is the sleep that nourishes wisdom.
11. Silence is a gift. Learn to value its essence.
12. Silence is the best response to a fool.
13. Silence. The most beautiful voice.
14. Silence is one of the great arts of conversation.
15. Silence remains, inescapably, a form of speech.
16. The tree of silence bears the fruit of peace.
17. Silence is sometimes the best answer.
18. I have often regretted my speech, never my silence.
19. A wise man once said nothing
20. Never assume that loud is strong and quiet is weak.
21. Work hard in silence, let your success make the noise.
22. Through the portals of silence, the healing sun of wisdom and peace will shine upon you.
23. Quiet and silence is a form of power. Thoughtful and wise people are not talkative people.
24. Only silence perfects silence.
25. Surely silence can sometimes be the most eloquent reply.
Quotes From Silence Of The Lambs
- She didn’t give a damn about some of them, but she had grown to learn that inattention can be a stratagem to avoid pain, and that it is often misread as shallowness and indifference.
- I collect church collapses, recreationally. Did you see the recent one in Sicily? Marvelous! The facade fell on sixty-five grandmothers at a special mass. Was that evil? If so, who did it? If he’s up there, he just loves it, Officer Starling. Typhoid and swans – it all comes from the same place.
- I’m not sure you get wiser as you get older, Starling, but you do learn to dodge a certain amount of hell.
- Over this odd world, this half the world that’s dark now, I have to hunt a thing that lives on tears.
- What does he do, Clarice? What is the first and principal thing he does, what need does he serve by killing? He covets. How do we begin to covet? We begin by coveting what we see every day.
- Nothing happened to me, Officer Starling. I happened. You can’t reduce me to a set of influences.
- Can you smell his sweat? That peculiar goatish odor is trans-3-methyl-2 hexenoic acid. Remember it, it’s the smell of schizophrenia.
- Good-bye Clarice. Will you let me know if ever the lambs stop screaming?” “Yes.” Pembry was taking her arm. It was go or fight him. “Yes,” she said. “I’ll tell you.
- But the face on the pillow, rosy in the firelight, is certainly that of Clarice Starling, and she sleeps deeply, sweetly, in the silence of the lambs.
- Back at his chair he cannot remember what he was reading. He feels the books beside him to find the one that is warm.
- Evil’s just destructive? Then storms are evil, if it’s that simple. And we have fire, and there there’s hail. Underwriters lump it all under ‘Acts of God.”